Skip to main content
when would i ever be good enough? on many levels i would say.

work wise, i can never overcome that feeling of inadequacy.i really enjoy what im doing, dont get me wrong, but it seems to me that this field that im venturing into is one that i am not able to excel. i have always been an ardent believer of this ideal or cliche whatever you want to call it, to follow my passion and dreams as a key to achieving fulfilment in life. but now im having second thoughts. should i have choosen an area of study where i am more confident of excelling? there's this nagging feeling in me that ive been consciously and subconsciously pushing away--this feeling that maybe, excelling is more important to me. maybe my passion for something had all along came from my ability to do well in it and not, as i have hoped, something that was innately me, something that God placed in me, just waiting to be discovered. perhaps, all along i was the kind of person that i have been trying to avoid turning into. someone who isnt as idealistic as i romanticised myself to be, but in actual fact, a practicalist, a down to earth that i've been accusing my mum of being too much of. i wish the shadow over me werent that huge.

relationship wise, there's really nothing more i can say. you know how that song goes,"fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me." hah, why do i always have this feeling that this song is mocking me. too many one sided affections, slap in the faces, bubbles of hope burst,hearts breaking..that even a fool (okay me) should get the idea. and yet, im still always there for him, for what, i have no idea. many times, it tires me to be always giving. it tires me to listen when i know all i get at the end of the day is hurt and burdens that i have to bear myself. it tires me to listen about his love stories when i yearn for one of my own. and that feeling of lousiness, as if i will never match up is something that's always there, like a thorn pricking my heart. not agonising but suffocating pain. but yet, im still always there. when he's in trouble, when he needs someone, i will put down everything to be there for him. it's like im always the one waiting, the spare tyre, the kind of girl that my mum calls stupid and cheap in shows cos she will do anything for the guy whom doesnt even think that she exist in his life.

it's like im never good enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's strange how you know the holidays are here when most of your friends start disappearing. perhaps having had the burden of meeting datelines removed, it's that sudden increase in spare time that makes that wistfulness well up in you even more.
the binge blogger is back.well, can't blame me, it's just how my mind works.sometimes i just have all these ideas and little things in life coming at me but somehow, i cant put the exact words to my feelings. either that or the lazy bug in me just prefers staring at the computer screen watching jdramas than moving my brain or fingers to blog.ha.it's really just inertia.(as i already mentioned before.) but recently i realised that sometimes it's more than just that. sometimes, i forget what's on my mind. many times actually. there are times when many thoughts overwhelm me and when i try to figure one out by putting it down in words in my mind, the other thought just happily flits by. no matter how hard i try to grasp onto it before it flies away(while figuring out the other), i just dont have enough to hold onto it without forgetting a little of what ive been figuring out for the past while.then eventually my mind becomes a jumbled mess of thoughts, so tangled that i
someone asked me at work today,"why do people want to get attached?" i was actually stumped for a moment.can you believe it, after all that fuss i make about not being able to find the special someone to share my life with, that im actually lost for words? ha, i would have thought that i would be bursting with answers for her--cos it's always such a joy to have someone to share very special moments in life with you, cos you know that there's someone there who loves you during the terribly unbearable times, cos you will get to experience the sweet moments when someone does romantic gestures for you, the secure and safe feelings at the other person's touch..oh no i think i can go on forever. but why, at that moment was my mind a blank?why did i have to think so long for the answers to her question?maybe the desire to get attached wasnt such an important thing to me after all, as much as i think it is. i really surprise myself sometimes.