Skip to main content

i love this picture. somewhere along the way, i felt like i was the subject in the photo. having had climbed up that flight of stairs, having had headed for the summit, i thought that i would now have a clearer picture of where's life taking me. i would be able to look down and have a bird's eye view of my dreams, aspirations and perhaps even a glimpse into what my future may be like.
but i guess not.
im finally living out my dream of pursuing my passion in an overseas university, but i havent got a clue of what to expect, of what i intend to do next. i feel lost with towering buildings and situations overwhelming me; loneliness too, admist the strangers that past me by with a mere hi/bye. i sit at the top of the flight of stairs ive climbed just so i can clear my perplexed mind; a depressing atmosphere threatening to envelop me like the thundering clouds above.
but im saying all this not because i wish someone would sympathsize with me(well, ha,okay.MAYBE a little.) but really because im really grateful that at the peak of my confusion and all, these words came up to me at random.

Psalm 46
1God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble.
2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

and yes of course, He sent his many angels to me to make me too busy to feel sorry for myself for too long.and yes you guys know who u are, the many of u that ive been busy updating my life to and using my precious internet connection on >.< i love you all, thanks (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's strange how you know the holidays are here when most of your friends start disappearing. perhaps having had the burden of meeting datelines removed, it's that sudden increase in spare time that makes that wistfulness well up in you even more.
the binge blogger is back.well, can't blame me, it's just how my mind works.sometimes i just have all these ideas and little things in life coming at me but somehow, i cant put the exact words to my feelings. either that or the lazy bug in me just prefers staring at the computer screen watching jdramas than moving my brain or fingers to blog.ha.it's really just inertia.(as i already mentioned before.) but recently i realised that sometimes it's more than just that. sometimes, i forget what's on my mind. many times actually. there are times when many thoughts overwhelm me and when i try to figure one out by putting it down in words in my mind, the other thought just happily flits by. no matter how hard i try to grasp onto it before it flies away(while figuring out the other), i just dont have enough to hold onto it without forgetting a little of what ive been figuring out for the past while.then eventually my mind becomes a jumbled mess of thoughts, so tangled that i
someone asked me at work today,"why do people want to get attached?" i was actually stumped for a moment.can you believe it, after all that fuss i make about not being able to find the special someone to share my life with, that im actually lost for words? ha, i would have thought that i would be bursting with answers for her--cos it's always such a joy to have someone to share very special moments in life with you, cos you know that there's someone there who loves you during the terribly unbearable times, cos you will get to experience the sweet moments when someone does romantic gestures for you, the secure and safe feelings at the other person's touch..oh no i think i can go on forever. but why, at that moment was my mind a blank?why did i have to think so long for the answers to her question?maybe the desire to get attached wasnt such an important thing to me after all, as much as i think it is. i really surprise myself sometimes.